2 weeks ago we finished rolling out a major architectural upgrade. It’s a different way for us to connect to one of our data sources, and is a massive improvement from how it used to be done. It might be the single greatest technical improvement since we migrated off of Netscape Commerce server many, many years ago. The project lasted about 2 years from initial evaluation to now. It was a huge deal, but no user will really care.

Earlier this week I released a google mashup that plots a student schedule on a map (mockup). It took about 8 hours of my time, and I did it mostly on a lark. But boy do they like it!